Please click below for the notice
Copies of the Draft Town Plan are available at the Mendon Town Office or Mendon Town Garage
and a digital copy is available here: 0626_Mendon Town Plan
Congratulations to the winners of the wood lottery. Bill Ellis will contact you to make sure the chosen delivery location is accessible to the delivery truck. Please contact Bill at 802-770-2169 if you have any questions.
Date: June 17, 2019
To: All Mendon Property Owners
RE: Lottery for Maple Logs (possibly some Birch)
The Town of Mendon has contracted with Trees, Inc. to remove two large maple and some large limbs from a birch tree at the Tenney Cemetery on Meadowlake Drive. The wood could be processed for fire wood. It is expected there could be one to two truck loads of logs from this project. The Selectboard is allowing interested parties to sign up for a lottery to receive the wood at no charge to the property owner. The names will be drawn at random with the first name receiving the first available truck load, the second name receiving the second truck load (if available) and so on. The wood will be delivered by Trees, Inc. Property Owner must express interest to the Town of Mendon Selectboard via written notice or email to Mendonadmin@comcast.net by June 25, 2019.
- Must be a Mendon Property Owner to enter the lottery.
- Delivery address must be a property within the Town of Mendon. The town reserves the right to deny delivery based on location and access to the property.
- Property Owner must agree to take the entire truck and will not be able to accept only a partial load or certain type of wood.
- Log lengths and size will vary. The trees are 2’ in diameter.
- Schedule for delivery will be determined by the progress of the project which is based on scheduling by the Town of Mendon with Trees, Inc. The Town will provide at least 24 hours notice for delivery.
- Notice to enter the lottery must be in writing with the Property Owner’s name, address, email and phone number as well as a clear description of the delivery address and location where the logs will be delivered. Example: “Joe Smith, 2282 US Route 4, Mendon, VT 05701, email@example.com, 802-775-XXXX, deliver to 2282 US Route 4, at the end of the driveway to the left side of the garage.” The Road Commissioner will inspect the location for delivery if he is not already familiar with the location.
THE SELECTBOARD WILL BE MEETING JUNE 19 AT 9:00AM AT:
1205 THREE MILE BRIDGE ROAD
MIDDLEBURY, VT 05753
TO DISCUSS REPAIRS OF CULVERT 07-48. THE BOARD WILL GO INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION TO DISCUSS CONTRACT LITIGATION.
New Rules for Vital Records (effective July 1, 2019)
The new rules for Vital Records established by Act 46 (link is external) intend to bring Vermont in line with best practices to enhance the safety and security of vital records and provide greater protection against identity theft. They will also streamline processes for greater efficiency by clarifying who is responsible for records and how records are to be created, stored, copied and shared. The new rules were developed from recommendations by the Vital Records Study Committee (link is external) and testimony from a wide variety of stakeholders, including town clerks and members of the public. The new changes go into effect on July 1, 2019.
Mendon Town Picnic
Saturday June 8, 2019 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Hot dogs, hamburgers and drinks will be provided.
There will be games and activities, bring your softball gear!
We are asking residents to please bring a dish to share. If your last name begins with A-L bring a dessert, if your last name begins with M-Z bring a side dish. Thank you!
There will also be a table set up for some town business; if you didn’t get your house 911 number in 2010 you can pick that up at the picnic, you can register your dog, there will be copies of the Town Plan, and you can sign up for Front Porch Forum
Vermont recording fees will increase effective July 1, 2019.
Below is a summary of the changes. Please plan accordingly so there is no delay in processing your recordings due to a shortage of fees.
Summary of Vermont Recording Fee Changes
Per H.526 (approved by VT Legislature 2019 session)
32 V.S.A. §1671 Effective: July 1, 2019
|FORMER FEE||NEW FEE|
|Document recording fees||$10/page||$15/page|
|PTTR (Property transfer tax return)||$10/document||$15/document|
|Survey plat recording fees||$15/sheet||$25/sheet|
|Certified copy of records (no change)||$10/page||$10/page|
|Examination of records (vault time)||$2/hour||$4/hour|
* Documents include all items recorded in the land records (deeds, mortgages, assignments, liens, releases, permits)
* Multiple assignments or releases included on one document are charged $15/assignment or release.
Contact the Town Clerk’s office with any questions, 802.775.1662
The Town of Mendon has scheduled grievance hearings for June 17, 2019 starting at 9am. Please call the office to schedule your appointment. 802.775-1662
Please click the link below for the notice to taxpayers.