Welcome to the town of Mendon’s Planning & Zoning Department.
The planning commission is seven member board of Mendon citizens who are appointed by the selectboard. The Mendon Planning Commission is charged with overseeing revisions to the Zoning and Subdivision Regulations, undertaking planning studies, updating the Town Plan, and overseeing subdivision, site plan, conditional use, and all other Board review applications Planning Commission meetings are open to the public and typically meet at 5:15 pm on the 1st Monday of each month in the Town Office conference room, 2282 US Route 4.
Mendon Planning Commission
Teri Corsones (chair)
Mendon’s Zoning Administrator is Steve Cosgrove, Steve is available by appointment and he can be reached at 802-775-0065. Zoning forms are available here on our website or in the Town Clerk’s Office.
Zoning Board of Adjustment
The Zoning Board of Adjustment holds hearings and makes decisions on land use permit applications and appeals from decisions of the zoning administrator. The Zoning Board of Adjustment meets as needed.
The Zoning Board of Adjustment chair is Jack Kennelly, Phone: 802-775-7141.
This Town Plan (the Plan) has been composed to support careful and strategic planning, which will assure that decisions made are consistent with the needs and goals of the Town as listed below:
- Preserve the present natural environment, character, rural appearance and atmosphere of the Town.
- Promote and encourage economic growth in appropriate zoning districts.
- Meet the civic, economic, educational, social, recreational, and cultural needs of Mendon residents.
- Preserve the rights of Mendon residents to manage their own land, to the fullest extent possible, consistent with Town By-Laws, planning policy and State law.
- Preserve the existing natural, scenic, and historic areas.
- Aid the Mendon Historical Society in discovering and preserving the history of the Town of Mendon and its role in the State of Vermont and the United States of America.
To see the full Mendon Town Plan click below: