When you participate in the free Automatic Tax Payment Program, your property taxes are automatically withdrawn from your checking, savings, or money market account on the due date. For your protection, the program is governed by state and federal regulations, and you can stop participating at anytime with appropriate notification.
WHY SHOULD I CONSIDER SIGNING UP?
• Provides you with peace of mind – no chance of forgetting to pay your taxes on time or no need to worry about your payment being lost in the mail because the payment will be automatically taken out of your account on the tax due date.
• Your payments are made safely, accurately and timely by using the Automated Clearing House, the same system that deposits millions of paychecks and over half of all Social Security checks.
• Saves you time and money – no more writing checks, paying postage, mailing payments, or driving to the town office on the due date.
• Utilizes your tax dollars more efficiently by saving the Town of Mendon time and money.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Checking, savings and money market accounts can be accessed only with your authorization through the Automatic Tax Payment Program.
• Your bank statement will serve as a receipt for tax records.
Please call the Town Office at 802-775-1662 if you have any questions or need additional information.