Town Clerk/Treasurer
Nancy Gondella
Phone: 802-775-1662

Asst. Town Clerk/Bookkeeper
Jesse Caroline Bridge
Phone: 802-775-1662

Delinquent Tax Collector
Nancy Merrill
Phone: 802-775-4689


1. Green Mountain Passports:

  • If you are a Mendon resident and are over 62 years of age or a veteran in the armed forces, did you know that you could apply for a Green Mountain Passport? The passport is a discount program for seniors or veterans and is run by the VT Agency of Human Services and the Department of Aging and Disabilities.  The passport will get you into all of Vermont’s state parks, historic sites and state events at no charge.

GMP info

GMP application

2. Licenses:

3. Motor vehicle registration

  •  You can come to the Town Clerk’s Office and renew your vehicle registration on the spot.   We can register cars, trucks, boats and motorcycles.  The receipt and sticker you receive at the clerk’s office is temporary (good for 30 days).  Within a few weeks after paying, the state will send you the appropriate stickers.  Please bring the state pre-printed state renewal form and a check or money order payable to “VT DMV”.  There is also a handling fee of $3.00 to the Town of Mendon.  You can pay the handling fee in cash or check.

4. Notary Public

The Town Clerk and Assistant Town Clerk are both notary publics and we will notarize your documents during our office hours.

  • Please follow these simple rules to make sure that we can notarize your documents:
    – Do not sign the document prior to coming into the office. The notary must witness you signing the document
    – Please bring adequate identification for every person signing the document.  Driver Licenses and passports are preferred.
    – If your document requires more than 1 witness in addition to the notary, please be aware that we will sometimes have difficulty in finding additional witnesses for you.  Due to the complexity of all the various documents we see, we will not allow the notary to also sign as a witness, as some documents do not allow it.
    – We will not notarize a will
    – If you have any questions regarding our notary services, please call the office at 775-1662.

5. Purchase certified copies of birth, death, marriage, civil union & land records

  • To obtain a certified copy of a birth, death, marriage or civil union certificate, mail a written request to the Town Clerk at 2282 US Route 4 Mendon, VT 05701.  Please be sure to state the reason you are requesting the certified copy, especially for birth or death certificates and enclose a check or money order, payable to “Town of Mendon” for $10.00.
  • Fees are as follows:
    • Land records $1.00/page
    • Copies .25/page
    • Time Charge $2.00/hr
    • Certified Copy $10.00
    • Notary: Free
    • Witnessing a signing: Free
    • Zoning Fees

6.  Register to vote and vote by absentee

  • You can register to vote by coming into the office or you may click here for more information


7.  Recording of all land records for the Town of Mendon