The Health Department has detected an increase in COVID-19 activity in Rutland County during the last two weeks. What they know is:
Rutland City and some surrounding towns now have evidence of increased rates, multiple household clusters and workplaces with cases.
Surrounding towns with increased rates include Benson, Pittsford, Castleton, West Haven and Fair Haven.
At this time they are seeing an increased number of cases that are not known to be associated with an outbreak, which is an indication of more widespread community transmission.
Take these prevention steps to help slow the spread:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands often.
- Keep your social circle to only the people you live with.
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from people you do not live with.
- Wear a mask any time you are around people you do not live with.
- If you have gathered with people you don’t live with, you should quarantine, and we encourage you to get tested right away, and then again 7 days after the gathering.
- If you had close contact with someone with COVID-19, follow quarantine guidelines. Answer the phone if a contact tracer from the Health Department calls you.
- Avoid non-essential travel. If you travel out of Vermont, you must quarantine when you return.
Remember that we’re all at risk of getting this virus. Offer to help community members who are affected by isolation and quarantine. We thank you for being understanding and supportive of one another during this time.
Find more information at healthvermont.gov/COVID-19